The point of this challenge is for each simmer to get the sim of their choice from living in rags all the way up to riches. In order to complete this challenge your Sims must meet all of the main game challenge goals listed below. There are mandatory challenge goals that you must meet before you can complete some of the main challenges.
Challenge Information and Rules:
• There are certain main goals you are not allowed to complete until you finish the Mandatory Steps that go with them, these side challenges can be found in the Mandatory Steps section. You must complete mandatory steps before you can get a job, build your home and start your family.
• Do not use any cheats unless it is to reset your sim, take away your money, or allow you to move objects. In the beginning of the game move into the most expensive empty lot and then get rid of all of your money. The idea is to not use cheats that make the challenge easier
• To make money before you are allowed to get a job take advantage of the things listed in the Making Money section. Your spouse is not allowed to work until they have met the mandatory work requirement. If you have more than one working sim in your home they must each meet the requirement.
• You may not place anything on your Sims lot until you have unlocked the mandatory steps for building a home. Items your sim can carry are allowed to be set down or used on your own lot excluding seeds.
• You are not allowed to place items outside the walls of your home or use seeds until you finish the Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden.
• Before you own a bed you must use public places to sleep, you may not place a bed on a public lot. Outdoor retreat users may use a tent if you want but you must earn the money to buy it and it can not be placed on your home lot. Once your friendly level is full with a sim you may stay at their home one night a week if you so wish. You must count the days and on the seventh day you can stay with them again. While at their home for that one night you are allowed to make and eat as many meals as you want to but you cannot take them with you. You can make one plate of food before you leave their home to take when you go. Do not sleep at any Sims home at any other time until you have a bed of your own.
• You can rummage for food, garden public plants or cook on the outdoor barbecues until you have built your home. I survived off of selling collectables and making food like this for a while before I got my home.
• If you decide to add any other sims besides the spouse and kids, they may not work in any way or earn money with hobbies like painting.
• Your life span can be set to anything you wish for this challenge, you can even turn aging off to be able to finish the whole challenge.
Main Game Challenge Goals (Non optional)
A fully furnished farm with:
- At least 2 bedrooms.
- A kitchen.
- A dining room.
- At least 2 bathrooms.
- A family or living room.
- A study with at least one computer.
- An outdoor garden including a gardening area with at least 25 plants.
- A cow and a llama or two cows
- 8 chickens.
- a dog.
- a cat.
- 3 bee containers.
Have a Family:
• Get married to a sim (you can create a sim or marry one already in game but you must get rid of all of their possessions and money and move them to your lot before you marry.)
– have at least one child
• Have a farm worth at least $150,000.
• Have at least $100,000 in the bank.
Before you can complete the main goals for this challenge you must meet the qualifications listed below. Once you have completed one of these goals you can move on to the main goal it is paired with.
Mandatory Steps for Building a Home:
• You must have a level 5 in the handiness skill and 3 levels in logic.
• You must pay a fine of $500 to the city for noise disturbances before you begin building.
Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden:
• You must complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• You must have your handiness skill up to level 7 and your gardening skill to level 5 before you can begin building or placing items outside.
• You must have at least one bedroom with a bed, a bathroom with a toilet and shower, a living room/kitchen (this can be one room but you must have these basic items) fridge, counter, sink, stove, table, chair, fire alarm and a couch.
• Blueprints cost $500.
Mandatory Steps for Getting a Job:
• You must have a home address before applying for a job. Complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• Have one of each in your home: a bed, a toilet, a shower, a sink, a stove, a counter, a chair and a fridge.
• Pay $1000 for a college degree to begin your career.
The options listed below seem to be what people think are the best ways to make money without having a career.
• Gardening (You can’t use seeds on your own lot but there are plenty of places around town that you can harvest plans from.)
• Painting (Find a lot with an easel and begin painting. If you can’t find an easel around town anywhere I suggest placing one in the park or on another public lot.)
• Writing (The library has full access to computers.)
• Programing (I’m not sure if you can do this on a public lot but if you are not allowed to, this would be a good way to make money once you have a home but no job yet.)
• Comedy (People say that this isn’t the fastest way to make money but it might help with this challenge. The nightclub has a mic stand that you can use.)
• Musical Instruments (You can make tips by playing the instruments provided for you in town or buy your own once you have built your starter home.)
• Collecting (When I started this challenge myself collecting was a major factor for me in the beginning. I sold the items I found and made some pretty good money off of it.)
• Video Gaming (Isn’t the most profitable earning system but you can still make some money off of playing games.)